|Sonya de Hart Custom Login Screen|
1. Make it look fabulous!Branding matters!
Does your shop have a logo or banner? If not, now is a great time to make one! Match the look and feel of your login page to the look and feel of your Etsy shop. This will help your customers to know that they have come to the right place.
Keep it simple.
Resist the urge to include everything. The more text and images on your page, the harder it will be for your customer to find the most important information. Organize information using headings, grids, and bullet points to help your customers find what they are looking for.
Fancy fonts are great (but not for everything)
Fancy fonts are great for drawing attention to titles and headings, but they can also be hard to read. Use a simple font for instructions and information.
|Claudine Hellmuth Custom Login Screen|
2. Provide easy-to-follow instructionsThe download instructions are the most important information you need to convey to your customers. Sonya and Claudine both do an excellent job of providing easy-to-follow 1-2-3 instructions in an accessible visual format. When writing instructions it's important to:
- Write every step.
- Use short sentences.
- Avoid long explanations.
3. Provide Troubleshooting Tips
What should your customer do if the download doesn't work? Think about the most common issues your users encounter. Some common issues we encounter are:
- Customer can't find where their files are saved
- Customer reached their download limit
- Files are IP locked
- Check their download folder.
- Contact you.
4. Include Your Contact InformationBe accessible! Is there anything more frustrating than having an urgent question and not knowing who to ask? Provide a way for your customers to contact you right from your login screen. Your customers will be grateful!
5. Add Links to your social media outletsConnect with your customers! Add links to your social media outlets so your customers can stay in touch with you.
We want to see your login screen! When you are done, post a link to your login page in the comments below.